To be considered a micro-church, the fellowship must have the same characteristics of a larger, established church such as BSW.
- There is a regular proclamation of the Word of God
- Pastoral care of the body is present
- There is a time of worship in community
- The micro-church serves as the primary place of Christian community and fellowship for most of the participants.
Given these guidelines, BSW currently have seven micro-churches affiliated with our church.
- Community of Hope with Pastor Lonnie Selje. Established in November of 2018. Held on Thursday evening from 6 – 7 pm at the United Methodist Church (441 Garfield). Primary audience is The Neighborhood Table participants.
- River Cities Club House with Pastor Lonnie Selje. Established in 2019. Held on Thursday afternoon at 2 pm at the United Methodist Church (441 Garfield). Primary audience is attendees of the River Cities Club House for those with mental health challenges.
- Monday Evening Men’s with Seth Dkystra. Became a ministry of BSW upon Seth joining the staff. Held on Monday evening. Primary audience is younger men seeking the Lord.
The remaining four are part of the “Lonely and Forgotten” ministry of BSW. These groups are the residents of care facilities in our community.
- Alpine with Kay Van Natta. Established in 2011. Meets Friday morning at 11 am.
- Arborview with Kay Van Natta. Established in 2011. Meets Sunday afternoon at 3 pm.
- Hilltop on Pepper with Kay Van Natta. Established in 2019. Meets Friday afternoon at 3 pm.
- Waterford with Pastor Milt. Established in 2011. Meets Sunday afternoon at 3 pm.